8.6.10

Running away to join the circus


No jokes...with a little it of hard work, some chalk powder and guidance from my good friend Holly Black I really think that this whimsical, childhood dream could be realised. Today was my introduction to the circus skills and physical challenges that are the trapeze, the rope and the hoop. I am not going to use the deep crimson bruises and elephantitus swelling at the backs of my knees, the burns on my feet and callouses on the palms of my hands as barbed wire fences in front of my dream cloud. Instead, I am going to have a very hot bath, apply some serious moisturiser and jump straight back up on the apparatus. How could I not with the inspiration and gentle motivation of a truly talented good friend? When Holly Black leaps up on to the two foot wide metal bar, it is as if she is being suspended and maneuvered by invisible wires as the thought of her just having an incredible sense of balance and bodily awareness seems completely impossible. And the whole magical display is made even more wonderful when you remember that there are in fact no wires or puppetry and she does posses great levels of strength and control. These are some high levels that that I will (one day) achieve. Until then, I had best start practicing my pull-ups. 

No comments:

Post a Comment